Outdoor Dining has become the main topic of discussion in the hospitality sector. Many businesses in Northern Ireland have reopened but unfortunately some businesses were not compliant with the covid regulations and had to postpone their opening. Many in Ireland have been looking on with interest and are keen to avoid the same complications.
When is Outdoor Dining Reopening in Ireland?
It’s been reported that the week of the 24th May will see the go-ahead for outdoor dining
Offering Outdoor Dining in Ireland
- Compliance with Fire and Health and Safety Regulations
- €4,000 Grant scheme offered to Hospitality and Tourism businesses to recoup expenses on outdoor furniture, canopies, awnings, etc. Organised by Failte Ireland link to site
- Substantial meal no longer required (no distinction between gastropub and bars)
- Liaise with council to obtain relevant licensing
- Intec Design can guide you through the processes and design fully compliant outdoor areas. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +353 (0)1 823 4999 / Mob: +353 (0)87 642 7320
Smoking ban when reopening for Outdoor Dining 2021?
Outdoor dining regulations have been aligned with tobacco control regulations (Public Health Act 2002) which stipulates that areas with more than 50% of their walls enclosed must be smoke free. Table service, designated seating, provision of contact details for track and trace and face masks in public areas will be in place. A knock on effect of table service only is that Minster for Health Simon Harris has suggested the government are considering making outdoor areas smoke free when they reopen. This is to protect staff from second hand smoke.
Outdoor Dining Design
Intec Design offer an outdoor dining design package that includes a compliant outdoor layout and also detailed section and elevation drawings. Awnings, stretch tents, pergolas, retractable roofing systems, parasols etc. can be an expensive addition so its best to use reputable commercial grade products and fitters and to have a compliant design. Consideration must be given to location, many businesses in Dublin and cities around Ireland need to work with their council to offer seating in streets. It’s crucial to have an informed plan to take to your local council representatives to open for outdoor dining in Ireland.